Elizabeth McConahy Jenkins
Ms. Jenkins has nearly 30 years of legal experience concentrating in divorce and post-divorce issues, division or sale of business due to divorce, tracing of non-marital claims, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements and wills and estate planning. She brings strong financial and business experience to her divorce practice.
Ms. Jenkins graduated magna cum laude from Colgate University. She was employed as a foreign currency arbitrageur on the Mercantile Exchange in Chicago while attending the University of Chicago Graduate School Business. She then worked in the actuarial department of an insurance company rating policies and marketing employee benefit plans before attending the University of Virginia School of Law. Upon graduation from law school, Ms. Jenkins clerked at the District of Columbia Court of Appeals prior to relocating to Kentucky to practice law.
Ms. Jenkins concentrates her divorce and mediation practice in Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby and the surrounding counties.
In honor of her outstanding professionalism and superior client service, Ms. Jenkins has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell and a listing in the organization’s Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers. Moreover, Louisville Magazine has voted her among the Top Lawyers in Family Law in her region, and she has received numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review RatingTM fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Colgate University
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Virginia, 1992
- Kentucky, 1995
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Supreme Court of Kentucky
- History and Application of the de Facto Custodian Law, Louisville Bar Briefs, July, 2003
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Martindale Hubbell Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- Louisville Magazine’s Top Lawyers in Family Law
- Appointed Member of the Kentucky Bar Association Fee Arbitration Panel
Classes & Seminars
- Seminar on Effect of Shared Parenting Schedules on Statutory Child Support ObligationsClasses & Seminars
- Volunteer, Center for Women and Families
- Volunteer, Legal Aid
- Past Volunteer, Brandeis School of Law P.A.S.S. Program
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, Clerk
- Virginia Bar Association, Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Member
- Jefferson County Family Court Divorce Practice Group, Member
- Women Lawyers Association, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member and Life Fellow
- Louisville Bar Association, Member, Fellow, and Past Chair of the Family Law Section
Current Employment Position